November 28, 2016
New Balance Live! (11/30)
The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats - in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.
In this round of balance changes we're toning down the Mega Minion, making Elixir Collector great (well, good!) again and more!
Mega Minion: Damage decreased by 6%, Hit Speed decreased to 1.4sec (from 1.3sec)
- As one of the most used cards at the top and in challenges, Mega Minion is clearly in need of some attention. It offers a lot of value on defense and fits into almost any deck, so we're looking to reduce its damage output and make it a less obvious choice.
Elixir Collector: Production Speed increased to 8.5sec (from 9.8sec), Lifetime decreased to 70sec (from 80sec)
- Our last change took the Elixir Collector from a heavily overused card to a relatively underused one, so with this change we're aiming for a middle ground! Increasing the Production Speed, but reducing the Lifetime, will give you a quicker return on your investment and make it a bit more rewarding to play - while still maintaining the risk aspect.
Poison: Damage increased by 10%
- After removing the slow effect, Poison needs some more damage to compete with other spells - specifically Fireball - for a place in your deck.
Tombstone: Spawn Speed decreased to 2.9sec (from 2.5sec)
- Tombstone is the most used building at the top, so we'd like to rein it in a little bit. Decreasing the Spawn Speed will result in a slower trickle of Skeletons and 2 less over its Lifetime.
Lava Hound: Lava Pup Hitpoints decreased by 1%
- This is just to fix an inconsistent interaction with Crown Towers vs. Lava Pups at certain levels.
See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team