February 29, 2016
New Balance Live! (2/29)
In this batch of balance changes we're fine tuning a couple of cards, ready for global launch, and making some combat mechanic improvements.
Zap: Now stuns target for 1 second, damage reduced by 6%
- Zap has lacked a purpose of its own that differentiated it from Arrows or the other damage spells. Giving it a brief stun effect should make it quite an interesting choice!
Giant Skeleton: Hitpoints increased by 11%, bomb timer increased to 3 seconds (from 1 second)
- Giant Skeleton can be the ultimate nullifier, as he's primarily used on defense to halt a push in its tracks. Adding a couple of seconds to his death bomb's fuse will make positioning your defending troops to escape the blast radius a possibility now.
Tesla: Hitpoints decreased by 5%
- A small hitpoint reduction will bring the Tesla more in line with our overall "offense over defense" philosophy. It currently offers a bit too much defensive value for 4 Elixir.
Rage: Effect falls off quicker when troops leave the Rage area
- Rage will last for 2 seconds on a troop after it leaves Rage's area of effect. Previously Rage 'stuck' to troops until the area of effect was gone, which we felt was a bit weird.
Combat Mechanics: Troops will be harder to distract
- Troops won't be pulled from their lane as easily by buildings; buildings will need to be positioned a bit closer.
- Troops won't target and move towards units that attack them from far away.
Card Donation: Rare Cards give 10 experience (from 5 experience)
- Rare Cards should give more experience for the value of card you're giving away.
Please leave your thoughts and feedback on our forum post.
See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team