September 19, 2016
New Balance Live! (9/19)
The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats - in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.
In this round of balance changes we're taking a look at a few underused cards: Mirror, Rage, Lightning - and some other nice little tweaks!
Giant: Damage decreased by 5%
- The Giant will still hit hard after this change - he has really big fists after all - we just wanted to take a little bit of power from his offensive capabilities, as his main role is to soak up damage.
Rage: Elixir cost decreased to 2 (from 3), effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), duration decreased by 2sec
- The Rage spell hasn't seen much usage and is in need of a bigger change, especially with the introduction of the Lumberjack's "free" Rage. Decreasing the Elixir cost to 2 should make Rage a really viable and exciting combo card!
Lumberjack: Rage effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), Rage duration decreased by 2sec
- For consistency with the Rage spell changes above.
Mirror: Mirrors cards 1 level higher than its own level
- We love the surprise element Mirror brings and we've been having a blast playtesting this new version! At Tournament Rules card levels, Mirror will bring a truly unique element to your deck, making your cards 1 level higher than the tournament cap! Also, a max level Mirror will create max level +1 cards!
Lightning: Stuns targets for 0.5sec
- Due to Lightning's low use rate, and partly for consistency with Zap, we're adding a brief stun effect to make it more unique and hopefully an interesting addition to some decks.
The Log: Knocks back ALL ground troops
- This change will make The Log feel like the Legendary Card it was born to be.
Bomber: Hitpoints decreased by 2%, Damage increased by 2%
- A small tweak to fix a couple of inconsistencies with card interactions at certain levels.
See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team