February 9, 2016
Balance Changes (2/9)
Here are the latest balance changes we've made, and why:
Mini P.E.K.K.A: Hitpoints increased by 3%
- Mini P.E.K.K.A's usage is quite low at the top, which is unfortunate for such a charismatic character; this little buff will hopefully make it a more enticing card.
Valkyrie: Attack speed increased to 1.5 seconds (from 1.6 seconds)
- Valkyrie feels a bit clunky and needs some love.
Giant: Hitpoints increased by 5%
- Giant is underused in the late game due to a couple of more enticing tank options (Golem and P.E.K.K.A). More hitpoints should make him a solid option again.
Tombstone: Spawns 4 Skeletons when destroyed (from 6 Skeletons)
- Tombstone is the most popular card among top players. You get too much defensive value for 3 Elixir.
Mortar: Lifetime increased to 30 seconds (from 20 seconds)
- We undershot the Mortar's power a bit when re-working it. Adding 10 seconds to its lifetime should improve this.
Bomb Tower: Attack speed increased to 1.6 seconds (from 1.7 seconds)
- Bomb Tower is still one of the least used cards in the game - give him a chance!
Musketeer: Damage decreased by 25% and Elixir cost reduced to 4 (from 5 Elixir)
- Musketeer has played second fiddle to the Wizard for too long! Lower damage and cost should make her quite different and a more flexible choice.
Tesla: Damage increased by 7%
- Tesla is also one of the least used cards in the game. A little damage boost should bring it back into contention.
X-Bow: Deployment time increased to 5 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- X-Bow can be a very challenging card to deal with among low-mid level players. A longer deploy time should make it less frustrating to face.
Zap: Damage increased by 6%
- Zap hasn't seen much use. A bit more damage will hopefully make it a more viable choice.
Arena 3-7 Chests: Now contain more cards and Gold, cost a few more Gems, but are overall better value! (changed on 2/5)
- Late game card progression is a bit too slow and could do with a boost.
Please leave your thoughts and feedback on our forum post!
See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team