February 2, 2016
Clash Royale Update
LEGENDARY ARENA & SEASONS
- Legendary Arena: Unlocks at 3000 Trophies
- Seasons: Every two weeks, players above 3000 Trophies will be reset to 3000 and all deducted Trophies will be awarded as Legend Trophies!
- Tournament Rules: Friendly Battles now use the all-new "Tournament Standard" level caps for truly fair-play matches! The level caps are: King & Crown Towers 8, Common Cards 8, Rares 6, Epics 3 and overtime lasts for 3 minutes. Have fun organizing your own tournaments!
- Why did we choose to cap cards, rather than normalizing everyone's cards for Friendly Battles? We still want people to feel the incentive to collect and upgrade all the cards they may want to use in a tournament.
- Why did we choose levels: Common 8, Rare 6 and Epic 3? It should take roughly 2-3 months of playing to get a bunch of cards to these levels without paying anything, and we thought that was a good amount of time for players to get a solid understanding of the game before thinking about moving into the realm of competitive tournaments.
- Battle Cost: We've removed the Gold cost for Battles and Friendly Battles (thanks for your feedback on this one!)
- Chest Gold: To keep the Gold economy intact and compensate for the free Battles, chests give slightly less Gold
- Balance: We've re-balanced a bunch of cards, check out the Balance Changes in Context to find out more
- Death Damage: Balloon, Giant Skeleton and Golem death damage is now shown on their card info screens
- Notifications: Classier in-game notification pop-ups
- Local Notifications: New card request available, Crown Chest available and second Free Chest available notifications
- Push Notifications: New "A Clanmate's battle is now featured in TV Royale!" notification
- Bugs: Stuck Witches, iMessage issues and many more fixes
As always, we hope you'll let us know your thoughts over on our forums!